Creating your home wish list will start before the home search begins. The Savage Team will want to know as much as possible about the features and amenities you desire. To help your us better serve you, analyze what you want and help us out by creating your home wish list of what you need in a home’s features and amenities. Also, keep in mind that your budget may restrict some of your wish list so try to prioritize them into “must haves” and “would like to haves”. We’ll do our best to find everything on your home wish list but be open to new possibilities and even giving up a few.
Buying a new home is an exciting experience but it’s important to be flexible and look at the possibilities each property brings. Look at what a home can be, not necessarily what you see today. It’s also important to remember that the Seller’s furniture and decorations don’t convey with the property. You should pay attention to the actual house and not with the decorating. Don’t forget your wish list because you fell in love with how a home was decorated. Also, remember if a house is poorly furnished and decorated don’t discount it because all of that too with disappear with the Seller moves out.
- Age: Do you prefer historic properties, or newer ones?
- Style: Do you have a special preference for ranches, bungalows, or another style of construction?
- Bedrooms: How many?
- Bathrooms: How many? Are they updated?
- Living and Dining Areas: A traditional, formal layout, or a more open, contemporary plan?
- Stories: How many?
- Square feet: How much space?
- Ceilings: How high?
- Kitchen: How big? Recently updated? Open to other living areas?
- Storage: Big closets, a shed, an extra-large garage?
- Parking: A garage or carport? Room for how many cars?
- Extras: Attic or basement?
- Do you want to live in the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County or Fluvanna or Lousia County?
- Play/exercise room
- Security system
- Sprinkler system
- In-law suite
- Hot tub
- Wooded lot
- Patio, deck, or porch
- Laundry room